One of the most famous & well admired rock & roll band of the 80s era was ‘Duran Duran’. This band has always been famous for their romantic music creations. The band was originated in the year 1978. It has been more than 30 years but the band is still ruling over the hearts of their fans. Here are some unknown yet interesting facts about the band ‘Duran Duran’.
Have a quick look
- The band name was inspired from one of the characters from science fiction movie Barbarella.
- There is always a myth among fans that may be three of the Taylors of the band are somehow related since they share same surname but that is not truth. None of them are related to each other.
- The biggest achievement & compliment for this band is that they used to be the favorite ones for none other than – Princess Diana.
- The band was made in 1978 in Birmingham in a nightclub. The name of the nightclub was Rum Runner.
- The Milan city’s Mayor, Letizia Moratti has honored the band by gifting them the ‘Keys to city Milan’ pronouncing them the Style Icon of 20th century.
- The band members have won the nickname of “The Prettiest Boys in Rock”. The famous & prestigious People Magazine gave them this nickname due to their elegant yet cool image. The credit for this image goes to fashion designers – Kahn & Bell and Antony Price.
- ‘Duran Duran’ was among the earliest rock & roll bands who worked on their own music remixes.